This may be the last report on game development before hand-in.
So far, background music and sound effects have all been inserted into the game. Passione as a traditional pixel RPG game, but has a wealth of sound effects and background music, which can make players feel the charm of this game.
About background music and sound effects, part of them is my own composing, using Logic Pro on Mac. I originally planned to finish the background music for all scenarios, but during the development period, some system problems occurred in the game, which caused me to have no time to complete all of them. So I used the built-in music extension package and “Freesound.org” resources to develop the game. In terms of sound effects, some of those shared resources are also used.
This is the theme song of the game:
So far, text entry has been completed. All bugs have been fixed.
I have tested and made sure that no malignant bugs occur during normal play. But I haven't let others have a test yet. Maybe I can ask classmates have a try on this Friday.
The next step is to import background music and scene sound effects I produced during Easter into the prototype. A few sound effects still need some time to produce.
However, I still need some free Internet resources as sound effects and BGMs.
The bugs I mentioned last week all have fixed. Now I need to re-import the previous data and reproduce the dialogs of Chapters 2 and 3.
There are also scripts for NPC and scene conversion that need to be re-edited. By the end of this week, I will import all scripts into the game, so that the game can basically play normally (No sound effects and BGMs currently).
I had a talk with Adam today. He tested my prototype on my laptop. The result is, there are still few problems (bugs) that affect game playing experience. Which means I have to fix them ASAP. The prorotype was built during the Easter period. I had removed all dialogs and shopping system in the second half chapter 1 chapter 2 and 3. Because the game could not runs as its planned. When I was doing a game test, the was screen flashing and it showed the error codes, then automatically terminated and quitted to desktop.
Now, it's time to fix those problems. Hope I can solve them smoothly by next testing date Friday.